Preheat Oven 350F
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 – 1/2 Cups white cane sugar
1/3 Cup brown sugar
1/4 Cup pure maple sugar
3/4 Cup canola oil
2 TBS butter
3 eggs, beaten
2 cups of peeled, cubed and cooked butternut squash [soft]
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 cup chopped pecans
- Butter and flour 2 – 8by3 inch loaf pans
- Sift dry ingredients into medium bowl
- In a 2nd mixing bowl beat sugar, oil, butter, maple syrup
- Blend in beaten eggs
- Mix in butternut squash and spices
- Add dry ingredients and pecans and mix.
- Transfer batter to loaf pans.
- Bake until tester stick inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Cool bread in pan on rack 15 minutes. Cut around bread to loosen.
- Turn out onto rack and cool completely.
Try one piece immediately when warm as it is yummy!