|Sausage Chicken and Corn Chowder|| |
Recipe type: Soup
- 4 medium sausage patties
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Medium chopped Onions
- 1 Medium chopped Red Pepper
- 4 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups of Butternut Squash, cubed
- 2 Large Yellow Potatoes, cubed
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme
- 16 oz bag of Frozen Yellow Corn Kernels
- ½ Cup Whipping Cream
- 3 Cups Diced Roasted Chicken
- Cook sausage patties in large saute pan.
- Transfer cooked sausage into soup pot.
- Melt butter in saute pan over medium heat.
- Add onions, red peppers to saute pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer ½ amount of onion and peppers to the soup pot.
- Add chicken broth, cubed squash, cubed potatoes and fresh thyme to saute pan.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until squash and potatoes are tender.
- Remove squash/potato mixture from heat, cool.
- Blend squash/potato mixture in a food processor or hand blender.
- Add blended mixture to the soup pot.
- Add corn, cream and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove soup base from the heat and place into the refrigerator to chill.
- This base can be made ahead of time.
- Once ready to serve, place soup pot on low medium heat.
- Add diced roasted chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.